Big Blues should be on the curb with lids closed by 6 a.m. on your collection day. All trash, including bagged yard waste, should be inside Big Blue with lids closed. It’s a good idea to set them out late in the evening before.
Big Blue carts should face the street but not be in the street. Make sure trash trucks can get to your cart. Place it at least five feet from obstacles, such as mailboxes, shrubs, fire hydrants and cars. It’s best not to park in the street on collection day. Put empty carts away by 8 p.m. the next day.
Need another Big Blue?
A second Blue costs you nothing. You’ll be billed for each cart more than two. Call (405) 297-2833 to order.
Almost anything that won't fit in Big Blue will be hauled away on your monthly Bulky Waste day. Set big junk or debris at your usual curbside spot, about an arm's length from the curb.
No charge for the first four cubic yards – a pile about the size of two refrigerators or six clothes dryers. You’ll be charged for each additional cubic yard of bulky waste.
Here's what we can pick up
- large and small household appliances
- large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- trees and limbs
- non-contracted remodeling waste (that is, leftovers from do-it-yourself projects - sorry, we do not accept rocks, bricks, dirt or concrete )
Appliances containing Freon, such as old refrigerators and air conditioners, will be picked up on monthly bulk waste collection day by special arrangement. Call customer service at (405) 297-2833 to request the pickup.
We can't pick up
- hospital/medical waste
- acids and caustics
- bricks, dirt, rocks and concrete
- sewage and liquid waste
- nuclear materials
- gasoline, kerosene and other fuels
- propane tanks
- tires and rims
- brake fluid
- car batteries
- automobile frames
- crankcases or transmissions
- rust remover
- pool chemicals
- sheetrock or roofing items
- contracted tree and grass trimmings
- contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition and repair waste
Some of these items can be taken to the City's Household Hazardous Waste Collection Center. See the list of accepted items on its website.