Weekly trash pick-up and recycling
Big Blue Trash Service
The City offers weekly trash pick-up to eligible residential customers. Residents can put all non-recyclable household trash in their Big Blue rolling carts.
- The Big Blue is for general household trash such as food waste, yard waste, and basic household trash.
- Do not use your Big Blue for construction trash, including drywall, bricks or rocks, or hazardous waste including paints, primers, poisons, acids or similar products.
- Please bag all waste, including yard waste.
- Place your Big Blue cart with lid closed at the curbside (not in the street) before 6 a.m. on your assigned pick-up day.
- Place carts at least 5 feet away from obstacles, including mailboxes, trees and shrubs, fire hydrants or parked cars.
- Do not park in the street where trucks cannot access your trash carts or bulky items.
Our Big Green curbside recycling program for eligible households offers customers the convenience of recycling right from their curbside. customers in early July. Visit www.okc.gov/mytrashday to see if your area qualifies and to find your every-other-week collection schedule.
- Your green recycling cart is to be used for recyclable materials only. DO NOT use it for regular household trash, tires, yard waste or hazardous household waste.
- We accept general household and office paper, kitchen and bathroom plastic tubs and bins, glass bottles and jars, aluminum, cardboard and paper board. See our What to Recycle page for more details.
- Set your recycling container at the curbside no later than 6 a.m. on your assigned pick-up day.
- Do NOT put recycling in plastic bags. Paper sacks are great and help keep recyclable materials contained.
Customers in Eastern Oklahoma City can take advantage of our 24/7 drop-off recycling centers. They are located at:
- 9124 SE 74th
- 11028 NE 63rd
Customers who use the drop-off centers must follow the same "Recycle Right" guidelines as our curbside program. Do not use plastic bags to put your recyclable materials inside the dumpsters.
Bulky waste, including carpets, furniture, appliances* general landscape waste and other specialized items, is picked up monthly. Make sure all bulk waste is placed on the curbside, no later than 6 a.m. on your scheduled monthly pick-up day. Crews make take up to three (3) days to get to the bulk waste, but any and all waste must be put on out the assigned day in order in order for it to be picked up.
*See Bulky Waste page for special instructions on items containing Freon and other coolants.
Where should I place my items to be picked up?
- Place Big Blue, Little Blue or any bulky items on the easement facing the street.
- Do not place them IN the street or on the sidewalk. (The corner of your driveway is acceptable).
- Place items at least 5 feet away from obstacles, including the mailbox, trees and shrubs, fire hydrants or parked cars.
- Do not park in the street where trucks cannot access your trash or bulky items.
Need another Big Blue?
Call our Customer Contact Center at (405) 297-2833 or email us at email@example.com to order a second Big Blue. There’s no charge for a second cart, but you will be charged for three or more carts.
Holiday Make-Up Days
From time to time, a designated City holiday may fall on your trash collection day. If that is the case, we will pick up your trash on the regularly-scheduled make-up day. See our Holiday Pick-Up Schedule for a list of alternative pick-up dates.