Weekly Trash Pick-Up
Use your Big Blue rolling cart to throw away all non-recyclable trash, including bagged yard waste. You should place your Big Blue on the curbside, with lid closed, before 6 a.m. on your collection day. There is no guarantee that your pick-up time will remain the same each week, so it's a good idea to set the cart out early, even the evening before. Put your empty cart away by 8 p.m. on your collection day.
Place your Big Blue on your easement facing the street, at least five feet away from other obstacles, such as mailboxes, shrubs, fire hydrants or parked cars. Do not place Big Blue IN the street and try not to park in the street on your trash pick-up day.
Need another Big Blue?
Call a Customer Service representative at (405) 297-2833 to order a second Big Blue. There's no charge for a second cart, but you will be charged for each cart more than two. Call (405) 297-2833 to order.
Holiday Make-Up Days:
From time to time, a designated City holiday may fall on your trash collection day. If that is the case, we will pick up your trash on the regularly-scheduled make-up day. On the make-up day, place your trash on the curb before 6 a.m. as you would for your regular trash day. Make-up days are listed below:
- Monday or Tuesday Trash Pick-Up: Make-up day is Wednesday
- Thursday or Friday Trash Pick-Up: Make-up day is Saturday
Exceptions include Veterans Day, the day after Thanksgiving and day after Christmas. Regular trash pick-up will resume on those days.
Almost anything that won't fit in Big Blue will be hauled away on your monthly Bulky Waste day. Set big junk or debris at your usual curbside spot, about an arm's length from the curb.
No charge for the first four cubic yards – a pile about the size of two refrigerators or six clothes dryers. You’ll be charged for each additional cubic yard of bulky waste.
Here's what we can pick up
- large and small household appliances
- large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
- trees and limbs
- non-contracted remodeling waste (that is, leftovers from do-it-yourself projects - sorry, we do not accept rocks, bricks, dirt or concrete )
Appliances containing Freon, such as old refrigerators and air conditioners, will be picked up on monthly bulk waste collection day by special arrangement. Call customer service at (405) 297-2833 to request the pickup.
We can't pick up
- automotive parts
- batteries of any type*
- tires and rims
- liquid paints and solvents*
- pathological or hospital waste
- acids and caustics*
- diapers and pet waste
- dirt, bricks, rocks and concrete
- sewage and liquid waste
- nuclear materials
- fuels of all types*
- propane tanks*
- degreasers and lubricants*
- brake fluid*
- rust remover*
- pool chemicals*
- car batteries*
- automobile frames
- crankcase, transmissions
- uncontained sheetrock, concrete, gypsum and roofing materials
- contracted construction, remodeling, demolition debris
* Take these items to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.