The Oklahoma City Strategic Investment Program (SIP) creates quality jobs in OKC by providing pay-for-performance job creation incentives to employers while ensuring accountability and transparency.
Qualifying applicants must:
- Directly create new, full-time jobs:
- Minimum of 50 jobs, or an annual payroll of at least $1.75 million.
- The jobs' average wage must meet or exceed 90 percent of the Oklahoma City Metropolitan Statistical Area's average wage, which in 2016 was $46,658.
- Sell goods and services primarily outside Oklahoma.
- Pay at least half the cost of employee health care benefits.
- Provide required corporate financial information as part of the due diligence process.
- Agree to confidentiality requirements during a pre-application meeting.
Qualifying companies can agree to a pay-for-performance schedule with the City, and the incentive funds will be paid annually. The funds can be used to pay for capital expenses like site acquisition, construction, renovation, engineering, design and equipment.
The Greater Oklahoma City Chamber website has details and contact information for businesses interested in applying.