Important: Our new residential curbside recycling program begins in July. If you have not yet received a cart, call our Customer Services office at (405) 297-2833 to request one. Only one cart per residential household.
- Find your trash and recycling pick-up day
- Learn what you can recycle
- Find out where to dispose of Household Hazardous Waste
- Find where to recycle items we can't accept
- Learn more about our new recycling program, below, and on our FAQ page
As the City's population grows, it's important we don't outpace the growth of our landfills. Recycling helps divert recyclable trash away from landfills, which reduces the need for new landfills to be built, keeping our customer costs low. Helping our natural environment is a plus, as well!
The best part? There's no additional cost to you since all of our solid waste costs are bundled in a single, flat monthly fee.
New service begins early July
- Our new recycling service begins in July. When it does, pick-up will take place every other week, but your pick-up day will be the same as your current weekly trash day.
- Visit www.okc.gov/mytrashday and enter your street address to see when your pick-up begins. We'll also notify you through direct mail, your City water and trash bill, and through our online payment portal.
About your new cart
- The new carts are just like Big Blue, except they are green. They also have wheels and a lid.
- The new carts hold up to 5x the amount of materials as Little Blue did.
- Cart lids have a sticker that shows you what you can recycle.
- Use your green cart for recyclable goods only. No household trash, hazardous waste or yard waste.
What to do with your Little Blue?
- When the new program starts, you may keep your "Little Blue” bin to re-purpose it, or put it in the new green cart, and we'll it recycle it.
While we'd like to encourage everyone to give recycling a try, we also recognize it's not for everyone. If you wish to opt out of our recycling program and have your cart picked up, please call our Customer Services Center at (405) 297-2833.