News & Information

Flood information available

Residents may get flood information from the community’s Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM), including whether a  property is in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), which zone, and its base flood elevation. Flood Insurance Studies (FIS), letters of map changes, mandatory flood insurance purchase  requirements, floodplain  development regulations and Standard Operating Procedures are also available.

Copies of Federal Emergency Agency (FEMA) elevation certificates of structures built in the floodplain after April 2013 are also available upon request by contacting the Drainage Division at (405) 297-2581.


 Winter safety tips:
  • Secondary and neighborhood streets are likely to be slick
  • Turn off your automatic sprinkler systems
  • Stay home if you can. We realize, though, there are people out there just like us (and hospital staff) who need to get to work
  • Drive slowly
  • Give salt trucks plenty of room – stay at least 100 feet behind them so salt won’t get thrown on your car
  • When trucks are plowing, cars should stay behind the last truck in line
  • Plan ahead by getting up and leaving the house earlier
  • Keep at least a three-car distance from the car in front of you
  • Steer and brake more slowly than usual
  • Keep warm shoes and clothes in your car
  • Use extra caution when driving over bridges and overpasses
  • Clear all snow and ice from your vehicle before setting out
  • Remember that POSTED SPEED LIMITS are only to be followed during ideal weather conditions, slow down while driving on snow or ice
  • Watch for downed power lines and trees
  • Proceed carefully through intersections
  • Have a plan if you slide off the road - who are you going to call?
View OKC Area Snow Routes