News & Information
A special collection for unwanted computers, tires, ammunition, and prescription medication is set for Saturday, April 4 from 9am to 1pm at the State Fairgrounds.
The drop off site is on the south side of the Fairgrounds, east of the arena. Enter the Fairgrounds from North May Avenue at Gate 5 on Gordon Cooper Boulevard.
The collection is open to Oklahoma City residents only. Recyclers must bring their current Oklahoma City water bill to prove residency. No Businesses.
Syringes, liquids, inhalers, televisions, tire rims and wheels will not be accepted.
Businesses that desire to recycle hazardous waste should contact the State Department of Environmental Quality at (405) 702-5100.
- Secondary and neighborhood streets are likely to be slick
- Turn off your automatic sprinkler systems
- Stay home if you can. We realize, though, there are people out there just like us (and hospital staff) who need to get to work
- Drive slowly
- Give salt trucks plenty of room – stay at least 100 feet behind them so salt won’t get thrown on your car
- When trucks are plowing, cars should stay behind the last truck in line
- Plan ahead by getting up and leaving the house earlier
- Keep at least a three-car distance from the car in front of you
- Steer and brake more slowly than usual
- Keep warm shoes and clothes in your car
- Use extra caution when driving over bridges and overpasses
- Clear all snow and ice from your vehicle before setting out
- Remember that POSTED SPEED LIMITS are only to be followed during ideal weather conditions, slow down while driving on snow or ice
- Watch for downed power lines and trees
- Proceed carefully through intersections
- Have a plan if you slide off the road - who are you going to call?