News & Information
As the weather begins to get colder, it's important to be prepared for weather related events.
Winter weather driving safety tips:
- give salt trucks plenty of room - at least 100 ft behind
- when trucks are plowing, stay behind the last truck in line
- plan ahead and leave earlier
- keep warm shoes and clothing in your car
- use extra caution when driving on bridges and overpasses
- keep at least a three-car distance from the car in front of you
- steer and brake more slowly than ususal
Reminder: posted speed limits are only to be followed during ideal weather conditions. Slow down while driving on snow or ice.
For more information about the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility call (405) 682-7038.