Available Programs and Opportunities
- SNI Home Repair Programs (Spanish)
Upcoming SNI Workshops
Personal Finance Workshop Register Here
- Located at Capitol Hill Library, December 11th from 6pm-8pm
Parenting Hacks Workshop
- Located at First Tee of OKC, January 15th from 6pm-8pm
Housing and Legal Assistance Workshop
- Located at OCCC Capitol Hill, April 23rd from 6pm-8pm
SNI Target Areas
Through the Strong Neighborhoods Initiative (SNI), the City of Oklahoma City seeks to holistically improve neighborhoods through physical, social and economic investments that will tip neighborhoods toward vitality and self-sufficiency. SNI is funded by the City of Oklahoma City and with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME funds from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Following a competitive selection process, three new SNI neighborhoods were approved by City Council in December of 2017: Capitol Hill, Capitol View and Culbertson’s East Highland (extended two more years). Staff is working with neighborhood residents, local stakeholders and city departments to develop and implement revitalization strategies for all three neighborhoods.
SNI neighborhoods will soon see beautification projects, new homes under construction, existing homes being repaired, hazardous trees removed, new trees planted, afterschool programs and more – all in an organized effort to realize the following revitalization outcomes:
- Improved quality of life—From a place to “A Place”
- Engaged neighborhood groups, children & parents
- Decreased turnover in neighborhood & schools
- Improved property values & market stabilization
- Decreased perception of crime
- Reduction of vacant properties
- Greater connectivity to jobs, education & services
- Increased homeownership & private investment
One of the keys to the success of the SNI is openly engaging with the community and stakeholders. In this section, Staff will post SNI-related items such as reports, updates or presentations that may be of interest.
2014 STEAM Case Study
2013-2015 SNI Progress Report (Published Spring 2016)
Although SNI work ended in Classen Ten Penn and Classen’s North Highland Parked in June of 2018, we will continue to track, share and celebrate their revitalization progress.