The Office of Arts & Cultural Affairs is a component of the administration of the Planning Department.
The office works with the Arts Commission, oversees the coordination of the 1% for Arts ordinance, guides stewardship of the public art collection, and facilitates cultural planning and implementation and the relationships between artists, cultural organizations, and other groups.
Oklahoma City leaders know that arts and cultural investments make cities great places to live, to travel and study, and more attractive for economic development. Their wisdom has been supported by recent national studies that have found that cities with these types of community and economic benefits instill a sense of pride and loyalty in residents often resulting in faster growing economies.
- Arts Commissioners
- 2019 Arts Commission Schedule (PDF)
- Arts Commission Agenda and Minutes
- Arts Commission Review Submittal Packet
- Public Art Marker Standards
- VARA Release for Murals
- VARA Release for Sculpture
City Hall Artist in Residence
- Grants & Awards FAQ (PDF)
- Pre-Qualified Artist Pool (PDF)
- Artist Bootcamp Presentation (Presentation)