Arts & Cultural Affairs
- Murals: If you want to add a mural to the exterior of a building, start with our Mural Handbook (PDF) to learn how to get it approved.
- Pre-Qualified Artist Pool: Oklahoma City keeps a pool of pre-qualified artists for projects under $25,000. You can learn more by reading our 2016 guide (PDF).
- Arts Commission: Download our 2016 Arts Commission schedule and deadlines (PDF).
- Application: Download our Arts Commission Review Application
Brownfields are areas once home to industrial or commercial operations that may have left behind hazardous waste or pollution. But help is available to clean up brownfields so they can become successful redevelopment projects. You can read more at-a-glance in our Brownfields Brochure (PDF) or in more detail in our full Brownfields Program (PDF).
Assists our urban communities with housing, public improvements, and economic opportunities principally for moderate- and lower-income persons. Current solicitations for projects under the Community Development Division include:
- Public Facility Assistance Program
Eligible project examples: senior centers; facilities serving persons with disabilities or disadvantaged or abused youth; adult day care; homeless shelters; congregate housing for people with special needs; health clinics; green spaces or parks (owned/controlled and maintained by a nonprofit); community-based or neighborhood-controlled public spaces; infrastructure in support of community-development or neighborhood-based projects, etc.
Design Review & Historic Preservation
Are you in a Design District? To find out, check the Special Zoning Districts Map.
If your design is subject to review by one of Oklahoma City's boards or commissions, download our Application Packet to get started and please see the process for obtaining a building permit for projects within a design district.
Learn more about historic preservation in Oklahoma City with our Historic Preservation Guidelines (PDF) and Historic Preservation Handout (PDF). Download our Historic Preservation Application Packet (PDF) to get started.