You may be assigned to attend driver improvement school to resolve a single, active, traffic violation without having to attend court if all of the following conditions are met:
- You must have a valid driver's license.
- If you were operating a commercial vehicle at the time of the offense alleged, or you are licensed to drive commercially anywhere within the Unites States of America, you are not eligible to participate in this program.
- You must not have had a traffic violation through participation in the Oklahoma City Municipal Court Driver Improvement Program in the past three years.
- You must enter a plea of no contest or guilty to the case and sign the enrollment form.
- You must pay a $50.00 administrative fee and a $50.00 driving school administrative fee (totaling $100), plus court costs at the time of enrollment (no exceptions).
The Driver Improvement School is an option to keep your ticket from being reported as a conviction on your driving record. If all requirements are not completed by the due date, a conviction will be entered and the charge will be reported to the Department of Public Safety. Also, the City Prosecutor will be notified. Not all violations are approved for driving school.
You are required to contact us to sign up for driver improvement school. You must request driving school before your court date either by phone at (405) 297-3898 or in person at the Customer Service Window.
After meeting all of the above conditions and successfully completing the driver improvement course, you are required to submit the original certificate of completion to us by the scheduled completion date. Upon timely receipt of the certificate, the case will be dismissed.