STATE OF EMERGENCY: Masks are required in Oklahoma City. Visit for updates and details on the COVID-19 (new coronavirus) emergency proclamation.

Upcoming Elections



CANDIDATE:                                     Wards 1, 3, 4, 7 (4-year terms)

FILING PERIOD:                               December 7, 8, 9, 2020

PRIMARY ELECTION:                      February 9, 2021

(In the event a candidate is unopposed at the City primary election {i.e., there is only one candidate running for such office at the primary election}, or in the event one candidate receives a majority of all the votes cast at the primary election, then such candidate shall be deemed the sole nominee and as such duly elected to the office for which he or she was a candidate and it will not be necessary for his or her name to be placed on the ballot at the succeeding general election; in such event, said candidate shall be entitled to be sworn into office immediately upon receiving a certificate of election to such office as provided by law, which should be issued as provided by law by the appropriate county election boards following the date of the unnecessary general election)


GENERAL ELECTION:                    April 6, 2021 if necessary

(In the event no candidate receives a majority of all the votes cast at the primary election, a general election will be held between the two candidates receiving the highest number of votes in the primary election.) 

SALARY:                                           $12,000 per annum


  •  Citizen of the United States and of the State of Oklahoma; 
  • At least twenty-one (21) years of age; 
  • Qualified voter in The City of Oklahoma City; 
  • Resident of The City of Oklahoma City or an area which has been annexed to and has become a part of the City; 
  • Resident of the ward for which representation is sought for at least six months prior to filing a declaration of candidacy for said office; and 
  • Registered voter at an address within the City ward where the office is from for at least 6 months prior to filing a declaration of candidacy for such office.


1)         Submit a written declaration of candidacy to the Oklahoma County Election Board setting forth the candidate’s name as he or she desires it to appear upon the ballot, address by street number,  candidate’s ward, and the name of the office for which he or she desires to become a candidate; and 

2)         Cashier’s check or certified check in the amount of $200.00; or in the alternative by a petition supporting the candidate’s filing signed by 500 registered voters eligible to vote for the candidate.  The check shall be returned to the candidate immediately if the candidate is unopposed in the Primary Election, receives more than fifteen percent (15%) of the total votes cast in the Primary Election, or becomes a candidate in the General Election.


OKLAHOMA CITY, OK   73105-5210

 The Oklahoma County Election Board will provide the “Petition Supporting Candidate for Municipal Office” form.  The Oklahoma City Clerk’s Office will provide copies of the Ethics Commission Campaign Reporting Manual and Forms to candidates who file for office.        

 Please call the City Clerk’s Office for additional information – 297-2397

Voting information:

All registered Oklahoma City voters are eligible to vote in the election. Use your voter ID card or the Oklahoma State Election Board’s online voter tool at to find your polling location or confirm your registration. 

Voters who have disabilities can find more information about voter assistance in Oklahoma at

State law requires proof of identity to vote. Acceptable forms of ID are a voter ID card, driver’s license or another form of ID issued by the federal government, state government or federally recognized tribal government. Voters may also cast a provisional ballot by proving their identity with a signed, sworn affidavit.

Apply for an absentee ballot or download an absentee ballot request form at

Overseas voters, including military members, can get more information about overseas absentee voting at

Early voting for the primary election is at your local county election board: