STATE OF EMERGENCY: Visit for updates and details on the COVID-19 (new coronavirus) emergency proclamation.


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Below is a list of popular permits. Not all permits issued by the City of Oklahoma City are listed on this page. To find out if you need a permit and the requirements, contact the Development Center or the appropriate department. 

Alarm Permit

Anyone with an automatic fire or security alarm system in a home or business within the Oklahoma City limits must have a permit. More

Commercial Building Permit

A building permit is required for commercial construction in Oklahoma City.  More

Burn Permit

You must have a burn permit prior to burning any material. Burn permits are issued by the Oklahoma City Fire Marshal’s Office. More

Fishing, Hunting and Boating Permits

Fishing and boating permits are required on all City waters including Lake Hefner, Lake Draper, Lake Overholser and the Oklahoma River. Fishing permits are also required for any of those waters designated as "Close to Home" fishing locations. More

Garage Sale Permit

Each household can have two garage sales a year with proper permits. A single permit is good for three consecutive days. More

Noise Permit

You need a noise permit if you plan to use amplified sound for an event at your home or business (including events like backyard weddings, concerts or parties). The City of OKC needs at least 10 business days to process a permit. Download the permit here (PDF). 

Residential Building Permit

Permits are required when you construct, alter, repair, enlarge, move or demolish any primary or accessory structure. More

Special Event Permit

A permit is required to hold events such as festivals, parades, walks, athletic events or block parties on public rights-of-way (City streets, sidewalks, alleys or easements). Permits are also required to hold outdoor public events on private property and on other City-owned properties (parks, lakes, the Oklahoma River, the Bricktown Canal, etc.). More

Storm Shelter Permit

In Oklahoma City a building permit is required to install an above or below ground storm shelter. More

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer