COVID-19 Update: Garage sale permits are temporarily suspended for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Permit sales will resume when public health officials say it's safe.
Ways to purchase a permit
- Purchase a permit online using a credit card.
- Download a permit application here, or call the License Division at (405) 297-2606 for a "paperless permit." Instead of a paper form, you get a permit number over the phone to post at your sale. If your City utility account is in good standing, we can add the charge to your next bill.
- You can also get a permit by mail. Request an application at least two weeks before your sale. We'll mail you an application to fill out. Return it with a check or money order for $7.
- Go to the Licensing Division, 420 W Main St., 8th floor, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Garage Sale Rules
- Garage sale signs and other service signs are not allowed on utility poles, traffic sign poles, medians or any public right-of-way. You can put one sign in front of your house. The sign itself can't be larger than 12 square feet.
- You can sell any personal property, but not motor vehicles. You cannot sell new merchandise, consignment items, or resale items.
- A single permit is good for three consecutive days. The sale must be held at the address listed on it, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. The maximum fine for conducting a sale without a license is $200 plus costs.