Check out the interactive map and table below to see all of the projects in the bond package included in the Better Streets, Safer City program. Click here for a map of the program's temporary sales tax projects. Keep scrolling down to see more information.
The $967 million general obligation bond package uses property tax revenue to fund basic infrastructure needs. The package will succeed the $835.5 million program approved in 2007, which is almost complete.
The City property tax millage rate will remain at or below 16 mills, as it has been since the 1980s.
The projects are:
- Streets and sidewalks ($491 million)
- Traffic control ($28 million)
- Bridges ($27 million)
- Parks and recreation ($138 million)
- Drainage control ($62 million)
- Economic and community development ($60 million)
- Fire ($45 million)
- Police ($31 million)
- Libraries ($24 million)
- Transit ($20 million)
- Civic Center complex ($20 million)
- City maintenance facilities ($13 million)
- Downtown arena ($9 million)
Read our FAQs or call (405) 297-2578 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.