Oklahoma City launches redesigned interactive website and new mobile app
With a redesigned website and new mobile app, it’s easier than ever to access City of Oklahoma City services, news and information from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
The new okc.gov website and OKC Connect smartphone app are now live. Check out okc.gov on any device, and download the free app for your Apple or Android smartphone or tablet. You can also search for OKC Connect in your device’s app store.
“Our new mobile-friendly website makes it easy to find the City information you are looking for in more than 75 languages,” said Public Information and Marketing Director Kristy Yager. “The most popular services such as paying your water bill, looking for pet adoptions, reporting code violations and paying a ticket are prominently featured on the front page of the new website.”
The new okc.gov is the product of years of collaboration, starting with engagement efforts to find out what Oklahoma City residents wanted from their city’s website. The result is a user-friendly experience that makes access to services intuitive, no matter what device you use to get online.
The previous version of the website had its most recent major overhaul in the Y2K era. The first City of OKC website launched Aug. 11, 1995, as Oklahoma City Town Square.
New features on the new okc.gov include:
- A responsive design that works for full-size computers, tablets or smartphones.
- A prominent search bar.
- Easy-to-use homepage buttons for the most frequently requested pages.
- Integrated access to social media accounts.
- A searchable, dynamic calendar compatible with Google, iPhone and other calendars.
- eNotification sign-up for news, events, job postings and more.
- Portals for online payments and services.
- Integration with data.okc.gov, the City’s open data portal.
The features and design of the new, resident-focused okc.gov will make the website easier to navigate for users on all platforms, helping connect our community with City of OKC services. On the back end, it makes it easier for City staff to maintain and update the site, keeping information fresh, useful and current.
The new okc.gov was developed in partnership with Vision Internet, specialists in online government services, for $130,000.
OKC Connect app
The OKC Connect app lets residents submit service requests through their smartphone, get information about City services and stay connected with updates.
The expanded menu choices for Action Center service requests are integrated with the same system residents can use with a web browser on a computer. It’s the same system Action Center and other City staff use, allowing staff to provide real-time updates on any platform the resident uses.
You can also make service requests at the Action Center’s website or by calling (405) 297-2535.
The OKC Connect app was developed in partnership with Accela, a leading provider of civic engagement solutions for governments, for $19,000 annually.
- Sign up for eNotifications and the City of OKC News newsletter.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
(405) 297-2550 / (405) 582-0803