Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

noricklibraryThe four-story, 114,130-square-foot Ronald J. Norick Downtown Library was built by the City for the Metropolitan Library System and replaced the previous library that opened in 1953.

Its completion in 2004 signaled the end of the MAPS construction program.

This new facility includes state-of-the-art information services and equipment, classroom space for students of all ages — including adults — as well as traditional library resources.

An event room, an auditorium and several classrooms are located on the fourth floor. They're equipped for business and school presentations, productions and learning activities. 

The library was named for former mayor Ron Norick by vote of the City Council on December 30, 2003.

The Rotary Club of Oklahoma City installed a decorative water fountain, reimbursing the MAPS fund for the additional charge of $37,000.

Quick Facts

  • Completed: 2004
  • Cost: $21.5 million
  • Architect: Beck Associates
  • Contractor: Buckner and Moore, Inc.