The Utilities Department provides the services you need every day to operate a home or commercial property. Services include:
- Treat and deliver clean quality OKC tap water.
- Take away water used in water-using appliances, sinks, toilets, showers.
- Collect weekly trash and recycling and monthly bulk waste (residential only).
- Keep water and wastewater pipes in good repair 24/7.
- Design infrastructure to accommodate the needs of a growing city.
- Read water meters and send utility bills.
The Utilities Department uses notaxpayer money to operate and provide these quality-of-life services. Rather, the department operates on rate-payer fund: money received when utility bills are paid.
Find out more about the Utilities Department services at: