The Sidewalk Repair and Replacement Program provides residential property owners an opportunity to economically repair or replace sidewalks to City standards for the benefit of the traveling public. Qualified residential property owners may apply for City participation in sidewalk repairs or reconstruction by agreeing to provide 50 percent of the total cost and to comply with the provisions of the Program. The applicant will pay a non-refundable $175 fee for processing the application and construction inspection. The remaining balance of the repair or replacement cost will be paid by the City. The City will provide labor, equipment, and materials necessary to repair and replace qualifying sidewalk panels and will document all expenses.
II. PROGRAM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Property must be located within the corporate limits of the City of Oklahoma City
2. Property must be fully improved, platted, and occupied
3. Property owner(s) must agree to all terms and conditions of the Programs
4. The sidewalk must be in a platted easement
5. The sidewalk maintenance must not be the responsibility of a homeowners association or other third party
6. Property owner(s) must provide matching funds prior to construction
7. Property owner(s) must dedicate the repaired or replaced sidewalk panels to the City for public use and benefit and execute such documents as may be necessary to so dedicate
III. SIDEWALK ELIGIBILTY REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for the Sidewalk Repair and Replacement Participation Program, the sidewalk panel(s) must be determined, based on an inspection by Public Works Department personnel to have one or more of the following defects:
1. Settlement and/or buckling of sidewalk panels greater than 1 inch.
2. Horizontal cracking or separation wider than 1.5 inches.
3. Be a previously existing but missing or deteriorated sidewalk panel which causes a hazard for pedestrian traffic.
4. All sidewalks will be constructed to City standards.
IV. DEDICATION OF SIDEWALKS AND ACCEPTANCE BY THE CITY
1. The City only has responsibility for maintaining sidewalks constructed by the City and sidewalks expressly dedicated to and formally accepted by action of the City Council
2. Sidewalks not constructed by the City and sidewalks not expressly dedicated to and accepted by formal action of the City shall remain the responsibility of the property
3. Under this Program, the City only accepts dedication of the sidewalk panel(s) constructed and dedicated to the City.
Oklahoma City Public Works Department
Sidewalk Repair/Replacement Program
420 W Main, Ste. 700
Oklahoma City, OK 73102