Neighborhoods, businesses and individuals can make a difference in their community by adopting a City street. Interested parties may apply for streets that aren't already adopted. This map shows streets that are currently adopted.
- Volunteers adopt at least one mile of City streets.
- Only City maintained streets can be adopted.
- A minimum of four clean-ups are required/year for a two year commitment.
- Volunteers receive a certificate of appreciation and two signs along their adopted route.
- Volunteers must submit a clean-up report for each clean-up.
- The City of Oklahoma City provides bags, safety vests and training.
How To Adopt-A-City Street
- Call (405) 297-1774 or email us with the name of the street your organization wishes to adopt.
- Once we verify the street you have chosen is available, we will send you an information packet. The application needs to be completed and returned to Public Works, 420 W Main St., 3rd Floor, Oklahoma City, OK 73102.
- The Adopt-A-City Street Program Coordinator will contact you concerning setting up a time to meet with the volunteers for a mandatory safety training meeting and set up your first clean-up date. Prior to each cleanup date, the City will provide trash bags and reflective vests. After your first cleanup is completed, your organization’s special Adopt-A-City Street recognition signs will be installed.
- Contact the Program Coordinator two weeks prior to each cleanup to obtain trash bags and vests.