How to Submit an Application
All applications to the Traffic and Transportation Commission are initiated by a letter of request. In addition, applicants seeking the installation and/or removal of regulatory traffic control signs in residential areas must include a petition. Applicants will receive a notice of Public Hearing date through the mail. For detailed instructions click here.
Letters of Request should:
- State the type of traffic control change or improvement sought, it's location and reason for request.
- Include a return address, telephone number(s) and e-mail (if applicable).
- Be completed on, or directly based on, the supplied Petition Form.
- Be completely circulated within 300 feet of the location(s) where the changes are being sought.
- Be signed by all affected households and/or businesses within the required canvass area.
- Include at least one signature per residence and/or business; only one signature per address will count toward meeting the minimum requirement.
- Indicate whether each party signing the petition either agrees or disagrees with the item(s).
Petitions that do not show a minimum of a two-thirds (2/3) majority within the required canvass area will not be presented to the commission. They will be returned to the original applicant with a list of addresses that must be petitioned in order to fulfill the requirement.
Applications may be submitted the following ways:
Stuart Chai, P.E.
City Traffic Engineer
Oklahoma City Traffic Management Division
420 W. Main Street, Suite 600
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
by fax: (405) 297-3365
by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ward 1 - Shay Varnell
Ward 2 - Rob Littlefield
Ward 3 - Richard Russell
Ward 4 - Walter J. Kula (Chairman)
Ward 5 - Barry G. Hale
Ward 6 - James W. Schuelein
Ward 7 - Red Miller
Ward 8 - Kevin George
At-Large - Marek Cornett
Stuart Chai, P.E.
Hailey Rawson, Attorney
Capt. Clint Teel, OCPD