STATE OF EMERGENCY: Visit for updates and details on the COVID-19 (new coronavirus) emergency proclamation.

A street striping team at work
Traffic Management is involved in the planning, design and implementation of traffic control devices including signs, pavement markings and traffic signals. The division also serves as the point of contact for all matters to be heard by the Traffic and Transportation Commission.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: The traffic signal takes too long to turn red/green, who can I call?
A: Please call Traffic Management at (405) 297-2531 during regular business hours. Note the intersection, which direction you were traveling and the time of day this occurred. This information will be helpful in identifying any maintenance-related issues the light may be experiencing.

Q: Where can I get a traffic count?
A: Traffic counts can be found at

Q: People are speeding through my neighborhood. Who do I call?
A: Please call the Oklahoma City Police Department’s Uniform Support Division at 297-1140. They are responsible for enforcing traffic laws.

Q: Who determines when the school zones are in effect?
A: The principal of the individual school submits the school zone times and dates to Traffic Operations annually.

Q: Who is responsible for Oklahoma highways (Broadway Extension, Hefner Parkway, etc.)?
A: The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT) is responsible for maintaining all state highways. ODOT (405)521-6000.

Q: We need a speed limit sign in our neighborhood.
A: The City installs speed limit signs on residential streets close to the points where they tie on to collector/connector or arterial streets where those roadways have a higher posted speed limit. The City typically does not install speed limit signs on interior residential streets within a neighborhood.

Q: Can we have speed bumps to deter speeding in our neighborhood?
A: Speed bumps are not allowed on public Oklahoma City streets.

Q: I was in a car accident. Do the traffic signals have cameras so I can prove who was at fault?
A: The City of Oklahoma City does not have cameras that record at intersections.

Q: I would like to complain about a train blocking the roadway for an extended amount of time.
A: All concerns or complaints regarding the railroad system need to be reported to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission at (405)521-2255.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer