1. Pedestrians do not have the right-of-way on streets unless using a crosswalk at an intersection, and pedestrians must obey any signals and other signs at the intersection.
2. Pedestrians can only walk on a roadway if it’s safe and must walk facing traffic.
3. It’s illegal to jump or throw things from bridges.
4. Drivers are required to exercise due care to avoid collisions with pedestrians.
5. If there’s no crosswalk, pedestrians can only cross a street at a right angle to the curb. It’s illegal to cross two streets at once by walking diagonally across an intersection.