This tree-lined parkway is the sister park of Alice Harn Park located at the western end of NW 15 street. Both parks were design features of the Harndale Addition developed by William Fremont Harn in 1910 intended to slow traffic and add to the peacefulness of the neighborhood. Original plans called for this park to be an ornamental park with a flower garden, but today the most notable feature is the stone top from one of the towers of the Baum Building which formerly stood at Sheridan and Robinson downtown. Another piece of the building is located three blocks north at NW 18 and Shartel across the street from Perle Mesta Park.
Florence Park is named for Florence Ogden Wilson who was the niece of Alice Harn. Florence never married and spent much of her life caring for her aunt and uncle before inheriting their substantial fortune. She became a generous philanthropist supporting education and the arts. She is also remembered for establishing the Harn Homestead as a history museum and education center for Oklahoma City.