In 2013, the Oklahoma City Community Foundation, in cooperation with the City's Parks & Recreation and Planning Departments, procured national consulting Wallace Roberts Todd to develop a long-term plan for the City's Parks system.
The Oklahoma City Parks Master Plan was accepted by the City Council in January 2014 and highlights the following needs for future growth in parks:
- Maintain and improve physical assets of existing parks.
- Develop facilities and programs in parks to meet community needs.
- Improve access to existing parks.
- Promote and increase awareness of the value of parks.
- Develop new parks and facilities.
- Establish agreements and standards for private parks and school parks.
Click here to see a full copy of the 2013 Parks Master Plan (PDF).
For questions about the plan, call the Parks & Recreation Department at (405) 297-3882.