Bring your school, scout, church or other group to learn about nature with a guided hike.
Schedule a Hike
Guided hikes are available Tuesday through Sunday beginning at 9:30 a.m. Hikes are not offered on days when the park is hosting large community-wide events such as EarthFest or Fall into Art.
If you have a specific topic you want Park Naturalists to speak about, please let them know when you call to make reservations.
Cost & Availability
Hikes cost $2 per person (students, teachers, chaperones, parents/guardians in attendance). Reservations must be made in advance, and a minimum of 10 people is required. We recommend scheduling your hike 3-4 weeks in advance.
Payment is due at time of service by cash or check. Prior payment by credit card is accepted.
Teachers: Please provide a roster of students attending the event to park staff at the beginning of the program. For more information, download a copy of our Teacher's Resource Guide.
- Hikes fill up quickly. It is best to book at least one month in advance.
- Arrive for your hike fifteen minutes before start time.
- Dress for the season and weather. Close-toed shoes are recommended.
- Sunscreen and bug spray are recommended. Do not apply in the building.
- Call in advance if anyone in the group requires special disability accommodations.
- A 1:10 adult-to-student ratio is recommended for school groups.
- Feeding wildlife bread, crackers, cereals and human foods are not acceptable.
- Feeding geese and ducks is not allowed.
- If it is raining on the day your tour is scheduled, please call the park to confirm whether the hike can still go on.
- Teachers and group leaders are responsible for disciplining their children.
For Ages 3-7
Our popular, FREE Nature Tales program introduces young adventurers to the world of nature using stories and hands-on activities. A different book is read each week followed by an activity based on that book's theme.
Note: Nature Tales has been placed on hold due to the Visitor Education Center construction.
For a list of current sessions, visit our program calendar.