The Oklahoma City Parks and Recreation Department is now hiring seasonal and part-time employees for the summer season in its Recreation Division.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for most recreation jobs, including cashier. Lifeguard applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- All applicants must pass a City-administered drug test and background check upon being conditionally hired by the City of Oklahoma City. Salary ranges vary per position. Benefits not available for seasonal part-time work.
- Lifeguards must complete lifeguard training with the City of Oklahoma City or have proof of other lifeguard certification (may still require refresher course).
We host job fairs throughout the year. Visit our calendar for upcoming job fairs. What to expect:
- Candidates must fill out an online application in advance of the job fair
- A photo ID is required at the job fair so Parks & Recreation employees can help candidates complete the application
- Candidates will be asked to provide their social security number for background investigation/verification forms
- An on-site health screening and drug testing will be conducted during the job fair for those who receive and accept a conditional job offer.
- All candidates who receive and accept a conditional job offer must also pass a background investigation/verification before beginning employment.
Part-Time, Year-Round Positions
Parks Program Specialist
Recreation Leader I
Recreation Leader I (Under 18)
Recreation Leader II
Maintenance Worker II
Maintenance Worker III