The Oklahoma City Parks and Recreation Department is now hiring seasonal and part-time employees for the summer season in its Recreation Division.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for most recreation jobs, including cashier. Lifeguard applicants must be at least 16 years old.*
- All applicants must pass a City-administered drug test and background check upon being conditionally hired by the City of Oklahoma City. Salary ranges vary per position. Benefits not available for seasonal part-time work.
- Lifeguards must complete lifeguard training with the City of Oklahoma City or have proof of other lifeguard certification (may still require refresher course).
- *Applicants that are under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian consent at time of application. If attending a job fair, parent/guardian must be present to provide consent signature.
We host job fairs throughout the year. What to expect:
- Candidates must fill out an online application in advance of the job fair
- A photo ID is required at the job fair so Parks & Recreation employees can help candidates complete the application
- Candidates will be asked to provide their social security number for background investigation/verification forms
- An on-site health screening and drug testing will be conducted during the job fair for those who receive and accept a conditional job offer.
- All candidates who receive and accept a conditional job offer must also pass a background investigation/verification before beginning employment.
Next Available Job Fairs
Saturday, April 6
10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Foster Recreation Center, 614 NE 4th St.
Seasonal Positions - Summer 2019