The Oklahoma City Parks and Recreation Department is now hiring seasonal and part-time employees for the summer season in its Recreation Division.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old to apply for most recreation jobs, including cashier. Lifeguard applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- All applicants must pass a City-administered drug test and background check upon being conditionally hired by the City of Oklahoma City. Salary ranges vary per position. Benefits not available for seasonal part-time work.
- Lifeguards must complete lifeguard training with the City of Oklahoma City or have proof of other lifeguard certification (may still require refresher course).
Join us for our 2017 Job Fair:
Dates: Saturday, April 29
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Woodson Senior Center, 3401 S May Ave.
- Candidates must fill out an online application in advance of the job fair
- A photo ID is required at the job fair so Parks & Recreation employees can help candidates complete the application
- Candidates will be asked to provide their social security number for background investigation/verification forms
- An on-site health screening and drug testing will be conducted during the job fair for those who receive and accept a conditional job offer.
- All candidates who receive and accept a conditional job offer must also pass a background investigation/verification before beginning employment.
Cashier (for Family Aquatic Centers and concession stands)
Lifeguard / Swim Safety Instructor
Recreation Leader I (non-supervisory)
Recreation Leader II