Flag Football is a growing alternative to full contact football that teaches basic skills and concept of the game. OKC Parks & Recreation's Flag Football program offers an 8-game season that is designed to introduce young athletes to the game while providing a fun and engaging environment for players to come together and compete. Games emphasize basic football skills such as passing, catching, defending, and running.
- League Format: 8 game schedule
- Pre-K - Coed (4U)
- Kindergarten - Coed (6U)
- 1st/2nd Grade - Coed (8U)
- 3rd/4th Grade - Coed (10U)
- 5th/6th Grade - Coed (12U)
- 7th/8th Grade - Coed (14U)
- Equipment Provided: Each player will be supplied with a team jersey and flags.
- Practices are one day a week based on volunteer coaches availability.
- Games are played at the Wendel Whisenhunt Sports Complex, 3200 S Independence Ave.
- Seasons: Fall
The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteer coaches are allowed to bring any amount of kids to their team. The remaining roster will be filled by the league director based on a blind draw and the school the children attend.