Oklahoma City Parks & Recreation offers multiple divisions and levels of basketball leagues for boys and girls ages 5-12 and Kindergarten (K) - 6th Grade. Youth basketball is an exciting sport combining team play and individual skills. Give your child the opportunity to develop balance, hand eye coordination, teamwork, social skills and confidence with the Jr. Slammers Basketball League.
- League Format: 8 game schedule
- Kindergarten - Coed (6U)
- 1st/2nd Grade - Boys/Girls (8U)
- 3rd/4th Grade - Boys/Girls (10U)
- 5th/6th Grade - Boys/Girls (12U)
- Equipment Provided:
- All teams will be provided jerseys. Kindergarten and 1st/2nd Grade players will be given color sweat bands for defensive purposes.
- Practices are one day a week based on volunteer coaches availability.
- Games are played at various locations around Oklahoma City.
- Season: Winter
The recreation programs are dependent upon volunteer coaches. If you would like to help the program by becoming a coach, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator. Volunteer coaches are allowed to bring any amount of kids to their team. The remaining roster will be filled by the league director based on a blind draw and the school the children attend.