The Oklahoma City Fire Department's Code Compliance section is responsible for ensuring the safety of citizens through enforcement of state and local fire codes for residential and commercial facilities.
Duties handled by the Code Compliance work section:
- Preventive inspections of businesses, places of assembly, county buildings, educational and health institutions and other occupancies for compliance with the Oklahoma City Municipal Code and the 2015 International Fire Code.
- Investigation of fire and life safety code violations and complaints, including overcrowding at public facilities. The Fire Marshal may order corrective action and/or levy civil penalties.
- Reviews plans for subdivisions for compliance with applicable codes and regulations.
- Acceptance testing of fire protection systems.
- Investigation of complaints regarding suspected fire safety hazards.
- Inspection of fireworks, kiosks, and public displays.
- Crowd management training.
- Inspection of Special Events and Activities.
- Maintenance of fire safety inspection records.