COVID-19 update: All business must be conducted by phone, website or email. To schedule a drop off or pick up of commercial plans, please call 405-297-2525 option 2. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- (405) 297-2606
- Fax: (405) 316-2606
Please submit residential building applications electronically.
- Electronic residential submittal
- (405) 297-2525
- Fax: (405) 297-2178
All other permits
- (405) 297-2948
- Fax: (405) 552-6024
In Oklahoma City a fence permit is required to construct, erect, install, alter, or repair a fence on your property. If you choose to use a fence contractor confirm he has obtained a permit prior to him starting work. Request an inspection once the work has been completed.
- Fence Permit - $22
How does a homeowner get a fence permit?
If you choose to do the work, complete the following step prior to starting the work.
The following information is needed to get a permit.
**Contact your contractor for these documents.
- Completed fence permit application (PDF)
- submit full site plan
- the name and address of the applicant.
- the location of the lot upon which the fence is to be constructed or installed.
- the name of the person erecting the fence.
- such other information as the Director shall require to show full compliance with all laws and ordinances.
Bring required documents to our office.
- Submit through email at: firstname.lastname@example.org Your request will be reviewed in 10-15 business days.
- You can also send your permit request by fax to (405) 297-2178. We will contact you for payment by credit card.
Once you have paid for your permit and the fence has been installed you may request an inspection.
- IVR Automated phone system
Have your permit number ready and follow the instructions, when asked to enter the inspection code use 4633
If you have questions or need assistance call 297-2525