Volunteers helping with simple tasks frees up staff members to concentrate on those things that only they can do, creating a more efficient and effective environment for the shelter animals.
- Place tags on rabies collars
- Keep the clinic clean by doing general cleaning, dishes, and some cleaning of equipment
- Transport of dogs and cats to and from kennels before and after health checks and surgeries
- Restrain animals for vaccination or sedation
- Wrap and sanitize surgery packs
- Assist in surgery, as requested by veterinarian
- Vet staff must be in the clinic for volunteers to be able to work in the clinic
- Must be at least 13 years old
- Must be able to lift dogs up to 75 pounds, with assistance
- Must follow appropriate disease containment procedures
- Volunteer orientation
- Instructional video “Vet Clinic”
- Slideshow “Dog & Cat Training”
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.