Children, under parental supervision, read to adoption dogs and cats to improve their reading skills and provide socialization to the pets.
- Parents will walk dogs before reading session
- Make sure dog food and cat food is kept separate and properly labelled
- Be detail oriented and be able to follow instructions
- Children must be supervised by their parent or legal guardian
- Parents must be able to safely handle the animals according to requirements outlined in the provided training
- Volunteer orientation
- Written instructions for “Tale Waggers”
- Slideshow “Dogs & Cat Training”
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.