Assist customers in bringing in animals for intake and keeping kennels in receiving clean.
- Keep receiving stocked with clean laundry
- Assist in kenneling dogs or transferring cats
- Practice safe and hygienic animal handling
- Help vet tech take weights and restrain animals for vaccinations
- Keep kennels clean and sanitary
- Help officer assigned to receiving keep track of empty kennels for new animals
- Be 13 years of age or older.
- Volunteer orientation
- Slideshow “Dog and Cat Training”
- Hands-on training with staff member
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.