A clean and well-maintained shelter cuts down the spread of disease, animal and human injuries and allows an increase in live releases.
- Clean and sanitize kennels and glass rooms
- Replace soiled linens
- Clean litter boxes
- Follow protocols to prevent disease contamination
- Spot clean with mop and scoop throughout the day, both in kennels and in outdoor pens and fields
- Be detail oriented and be able to follow instructions
- Be 13 years of age or older
- The ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds when necessary
- Must follow appropriate disease containment procedures
- Volunteer orientation
- Instruction video “Kennel and Cattery Cleaning”
- Slideshow “Dog & Cat Training”
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.