Fosters provide a safe and healthy environment for animals that are not quite ready for our adoption program.
- Provide clean and safe housing for the animals.
- Bring the animals to vet appointments.
- Provide fresh water and food.
- Socialize the animal with people and other animals.
- Take the animal to outreach events, or bring them to the shelter for adopters to meet.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have a safe, clean, comfortable place for the foster animal.
Training Provided (Specific to Species Fostering)
- Cat Body Language
- Cats 101
- Cat Handling
- Cat Breed Identification
- Medical Training
- Dog Body Language
- Dogs 101
- Dog Handling
- Dog Breed Identification
- Foster Care
Most foster animals require a two to six week commitment.