Our shelter offers many opportunities to educate the public. These volunteer opportunities can be as simple as printing out a flyer and putting it up at local establishments, to talking to school groups and homeowner’s associations and manning educational booths.
- Handing out information about the shelter’s programs.
- Talking to the community about OKC Animal Welfare and how they can make a difference.
- Promoting positive aspects of the shelter and helping to educate the public on our goals and how we are trying to reach them.
- Educating on responsible pet ownership in OKC.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the shelters policies and programs required.
- Age varies depending on event.
Training Provided (Dependent on Volunteer Event)
- Public Outreach Training
- Dog Body Language
- Dog Handling
- Cat Breed
- Dogs 101
- Medical Training
- Adoption Counseling
- Cat Body Language
- Cat Handling
- Dog Breed
- Cats 101
This volunteer position would require anywhere from an hour to eight hours depending on the task.