Dog care greatly improves dog’s overall appearance and behavior making them much easier for potential adopters to interact with them. Everything from exercising, grooming, and training dogs by volunteers is needed to make them more adoptable.
- Keeping dog’s kennels clean and sanitary
- Working with dogs on socialization and leash training
- Exercising adoption dogs
- Placing dogs in the outside run and returning them to their cages when finished playing
- Keeping dog close to you while on a walk and being responsible for the animals safety at all times
- Using approved collars
- Have an understanding of where the animals can be walked
- Be 13 years of age or older.
- Volunteer orientation
- Slideshow “Dog and Cat Training”
- Hands on shelter training
- Disease containment procedures
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.