Dog care greatly improves dogs' overall appearance and behavior, making them much easier for potential adopters to interact with them. Everything from exercising, grooming and training dogs by volunteers is needed to make them more adoptable.
- Keeping dogs' kennels clean and sanitary.
- Working with dogs on socialization and leash training.
- Exercising adoption dogs.
- Placing dogs in the outside run and returning them to their cages when finished playing.
- Keeping dog close to you while on a walk and being responsible for the animals safety at all times.
- Using approved collars.
- Have an understanding of where the animals can be walked.
- Be 13 years of age or older.
- If under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian volunteer over the age of 21.
- Dog Handling
- Dog Breed Identification
- Medical Training
- Dog Body Language
- Dogs 101
Minimum of eight hours per month.