Cat care greatly improves cat’s overall appearance and behavior making them much easier for potential adopters to interact with them. Everything from socializing and grooming by volunteers is needed to make them more adoptable.
- Keeping cat’s kennels & community rooms clean and sanitary
- Volunteers will play with the cats, pet them and groom them helping the cats to become more comfortable with being handled by humans
- Comfort the cats/kittens while holding them securely to the body so the cat will feel comfortable being picked up
- Encourage cats to approach people
- Brush cats to get them comfortable with being groomed
- Be 13 years of age or older.
- Volunteer orientation
- Slideshow “Dog and Cat Training”
- Hands on shelter training
- Disease containment procedures
Volunteer commits to a minimum of eight hours per month.