Garage Sale Permits
- Divisions:Permits & Zoning
- Phone:(405) 297-2606
COVID-19 Update: Garage sale permits are temporarily suspended for the duration of the coronavirus pandemic. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Permit sales will resume when public health officials say it's safe.
Each household can have two garage sales a year with proper permits. A single permit is good for three consecutive days. The sale must be held between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. at the address listed on the permit.
Ways to purchase a permit
- Purchase a permit online using a credit card.
- Download a permit application here, or call the License Division at (405) 297-2606 for a "paperless permit." Instead of a paper form, you get a permit number over the phone to post at your sale. If your City utility account is in good standing, we can add the charge to your next bill.
- You can also get a permit by mail. Request an application at least two weeks before your sale. We'll mail you an application to fill out. Return it with a check or money order for $7.
- Go to the Licensing Division, 420 W Main St., 8th floor, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.