Stay updated on City of Oklahoma City news and information.
OKC residents in Canadian, Pottawatomie counties eligible for federal assistance for storms May 7-June 9
Oklahoma City residents and businesses in Canadian and Pottawatomie counties are eligible to apply for federal disaster assistance funds if they were affected by storms between May 7 and June 9.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approved the state’s request for disaster assistance in several counties in Oklahoma because of flooding, tornadoes, straight-line winds and other severe storm damage. Two of the counties on the list, Canadian and Pottawatomie, have residents and businesses in Oklahoma City. Other counties could be added later.
Available federal assistance includes help with housing repairs or temporary housing, low-interest loans for damaged business property, disaster unemployment assistance, and grants for serious disaster needs and expenses not met by other programs.
Apply for assistance by calling (800) 621-FEMA (3362) or visiting disasterassistance.gov.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
# # #
(405) 297-2550 / (405) 863-2831