Check out the latest Parks & Recreation news below.
Oklahoma City to accept Lone Oak Farms land for park and trail development
The Oklahoma City Council voted Tuesday to accept 130 acres of the former Lone Oak Farms in far northwest Oklahoma City for park and trail development. Lone Oak LLC and Lone Oak Farms Homeowners Association are conveying the land to the City.
The property was historically a farm owned by Dean A. McGee, the late geologist, civic leader and philanthropist. The area, west of Portland Avenue along Bluff Creek between NW 150th and NW 164th streets, is named for a beautiful, solitary oak tree (click here for picture).
“This is a great opportunity to make this beautiful, rural land in Oklahoma City part of our public parklands,” said Ward 8 Councilman Mark Stonecipher. “The Parks and Recreation Department plans to interview local neighborhoods to develop a multi-use trail and playgrounds on the property that is a great fit for the type of natural environment along Bluff Creek.”
- Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
- Follow OKC Parks on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
(405) 297-2550 / (405) 863-2831