There are more ways than ever to stay updated on City of OKC news and events.
Check out our news releases below. You can also engage with us on social media, subscribe to our email newsletter and news alerts and download our smartphone apps. You can watch City of OKC news programs and more on Cox Channel 20, which is streamed live on our YouTube channel.
Recycling drop-off centers now open in east Oklahoma City
Residents of east Oklahoma City have two new options when it comes to their recycling service. The Utilities Department has opened two drop-off centers for recycling: one at 9124 SE 74th Street, and 11028 NE 63rd Street.
Each of the centers are open 24 hours per day year-round, and represent the final phase in the City’s improved recycling plan rolled out this year.
“We’ve been more than pleased with the response to the new program so far,” said Solid Waste Superintendent Jim Linn. “Our curbside recycling program collections have more than doubled, and we expect to see our collections increase even more with these two new drop-off centers.”
A third drop-off option is available at the Waste Management recycling center at 5519 NW 4th Street.
All three centers accept household recycling, including paper and cardboard, glass and plastic bottles and jars, aluminum foil and steel cans, and paperboard cartons.
Items that aren’t accepted include regular household trash, food waste, diapers and pet waste, yard and landscape waste, grass clippings, bulky waste and household hazardous waste. Dumping of bulky and other waste is illegal.
Reminders to all recyclers:
- Only recycle approved items.
- Place all items loose in the cart or dumpster
- Do not recycle plastic bags, or place items in plastic bags for recycling.
- Empty bottles and replace lids (if available) before putting in the recycling container.
- Clean food residue from jars and other containers,
- Break down and flatten cardboard.
Visit okc.gov/mytrashday to find your trash, recycling and bulky waste pick-up schedule.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Follow OKC Trash and Recycling Services on Facebook.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
# # #
(405) 297-3363 / (405) 464-9288