There are more ways than ever to stay updated on City of OKC news and events.
Check out our news releases below. You can also engage with us on social media, subscribe to our email newsletter and news alerts and download our smartphone apps. You can watch City of OKC news programs and more on Cox Channel 20, which is streamed live on our YouTube channel.
Delivery of new, large recycling carts begins Monday for urban Oklahoma City residents
Oklahoma City is making big changes to its curbside recycling program, and urban residents begin to get their new, larger recycling carts on Monday.
Utilities Department contract crews will deliver 195,000 new, large recycling carts between Monday and late May – one to each residential Oklahoma City trash and recycling pickup customer, including 6,000 new recycling customers part of the program.
Recycling collection in the new carts begins in July. Store your new cart and continue using the Little Blue bin for recycling until June 1, when all recycling collection is suspended for a month while crews prepare for the start of the new cart collection.
The City will send mailers to residents about when to expect the carts, along with sharing information on social media. Find delivery information for your address at okc.gov/mytrashday.
You can keep your Little Blue bin, or put it in the new cart for recycling.
The City is building drop-off centers in rural areas for recyclable goods from customers outside of the urban service area.
New large recycling cart fast facts
- It’s about the same size as the Big Blue trash carts.
- It has wheels, and a lid with a stamp showing what can be recycled.
- Cardboard is accepted.
- It will be collected every-other-week on your regular trash day.
- It can’t be used for regular trash or yard debris. Crews won’t empty carts with trash or debris visible.
Visit okc.gov/recycle for more information.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
- Download the OKC Utilities app for Apple or Android.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
# # #
(405) 297-3363 / (405) 464-9288