New Oklahoma City trash pickup days start Monday
Some Oklahoma City trash pickup customers are preparing themselves for a big change – trash day change, that is.
As of Monday, more than 90,000 of the City’s solid waste customers will have a new trash day or monthly bulky trash pick-up day.
Customers may look at their current City of Oklahoma City water bill or visit okc.gov/mytrashday to see if they have a new pickup day.
The Utilities Department is making the changes to improve trash and bulk waste collection services.
The City mailed two sets of postcards to customers alerting them of the change, and has posted the information to Twitter, Facebook and Nextdoor.
Pickup regulations for trash and recycling
- Trash carts and/or recycling bins may be set out as early as 7 p.m. (or an hour before sunset, whichever is earlier) on the day before your pickup day.
- Carts and/or bins must be curbside no later than 6 a.m. on your pickup day.
- Don’t put carts or bins in the street or on the sidewalk. Place them on the curbside.
- Carts should be at least 5 feet away from obstacles like trees, fire hydrants, mailboxes, poles and parked vehicles
- For urban customers with bag service, make sure both large trash carts are full before placing any bagged trash on the curbside for pick-up.
- Carts and bins must be put away no later than 8 p.m. on the day after their pick-up day.
Pickup regulations for bulky waste
- Bulky waste may be put curbside as early as three days before your scheduled pickup day.
- Bulky waste must be curbside by 6 a.m. on pickup day.
- It may take up to three days for crews to pick it up.
- Don’t place bulky waste in the street or blocking a sidewalk.
- Don’t place bulky waste within 5 feet of obstacles like trees, fire hydrants, mailboxes, poles and parked vehicles.
For more information about the City’s trash or bulky waste pick-up program, including what customers can recycle or put with bulky waste, visit okc.gov/water or call Utilities Customer Service at (405) 297-2833.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Download the OKC Utilities app for Apple or Android.
- Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
# # #
(405) 297-3363 / (405) 464-9288