Stay engaged and get the latest news and information about Oklahoma City Council meetings.
OKC Council Meeting Notes: May 16, 2017
The Oklahoma City Council meets at 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays on the third floor of City Hall, 200 N Walker Ave. Live broadcasts are available on Cox Channel 20 and YouTube. A recording of each meeting is then added to the City's YouTube channel. Check out the meeting calendar for agendas and schedules.
Sign up for City of OKC news emails.
Download the OKC Connect smartphone app.
The Council approved permits Tuesday for:
- OU Board of Regents' "OU Medicine Corporate Challenge," June 4.
- Downtown Oklahoma City Inc.'s "Bricktown Parklet," May 17 to Aug. 14.
- DNA Racing's "Oklahoma City Pro-Am," June 2-4.
- Kathy's Market on Paseo to hold "Kathy's on Paseo," May 27-29.
- Paseo Arts Association's "Paseo Arts Festival," May 27-29.
View all permitted public events on the special event calendar.
$90.5 million in 2007 bond funds allocated to infrastructure projects
The Council voted to approve the next allocation of 2007 bond program funds, appropriating $90.5 million to infrastructure projects building or rebuilding streets, traffic control systems, drainage control systems, parks and recreation facilities, police facilities and libraries. The projects were approved by voters in 2007. The next bond election is set for Sept. 12, and the Mayor and City Council are working with City staff to build a project list for voters' consideration.
- Read the agenda item.
Other recent City of OKC news
- Inspect, clean, drain and dry boating gear to stop spread of zebra mussels
- Downtown Area Traffic Advisory: May 12, 2017
- OKC to celebrate Bike to Work Day with giveaways and discounts for cyclists May 19
- Celebrate OutdoorFest at the Will Rogers Gardens Amphitheatre this Saturday
- News Releases archive
- Council Meeting Notes archive