There are more ways than ever to stay updated on City of OKC news and events.
Check out our news releases below. You can also engage with us on social media, subscribe to our email newsletter and news alerts and download our smartphone apps. You can watch City of OKC news programs and more on Cox Channel 20, which is streamed live on our YouTube channel.
Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan available for public review
The draft update to Oklahoma City’s Hazard Mitigation Plan is available for public review and comment until March 16.
The Hazard Mitigation Plan is updated every five years and describes natural hazards that have affected our community and are likely to affect us in the future. The plan includes ways to limit Oklahoma City’s exposure to the hazards, limit the damage and help the community recover more quickly when damage occurs.
The public review and comment period allows the City to collect feedback from residents, which helps make the plan more useful for City staff and emergency management officials.
Examples of updates to the plan this year include making the document smaller and easier to share electronically, maps and updated hazard profiles.
Having an approved, updated plan is a requirement of federal regulations to receive federal hazard mitigation grant funds.
You can review the draft updated plan and provide comments online at oklahomacity.civicomment.org, or in person from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays at the City Clerk’s Office on the second floor of City Hall, 200 N Walker Ave.
- Follow the City of Oklahoma City on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and more.
- Follow the Office of Emergency Management on Facebook and Twitter.
- Take an online survey and learn more about the 2017 Bond Election.
- Sign up for the City of OKC News email newsletter and eNotifications.
- Watch City Channel 20 on Cox Cable or live anywhere on YouTube.
- Download the OKC Connect smartphone app for Apple or Android.
(405) 297-2550 / (405) 863-2831