Click here to return to home page
Font Size RegularLargeXL FontXXL Font
Lake Overholser
City of Oklahoma City

Lake Overholser is the city's oldest reservoir, built in 1919 to provide water to a treatment plant still operating at NW 6 and Pennsylvania Avenue.

It's just off old Route 66 between Council Road and Morgan Road. A canal connects it to Lake Hefner.

The Overholser Dam at the southeast corner of the lake was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2007.

Lake Overholser was named for Ed Overholser, 16th Mayor of Oklahoma City.

map of Lake Overholser

Size: 1,500 surface acres

Depth: 6 feet average, 13 feet deepest

Attractions: Covered fishing pier, boat ramps, tending docks, handicap facilities and fish attractors. A covered picnic pavilion is available on advance notice. Picnicking, fishing, sailing, boating and jetskiing are permitted. Swimming is prohibited.