Click here to return to home page
Font Size RegularLargeXL FontXXL Font
About your ticket
Municipal Courts

A ticket is a legal document charging a person with a violation of a municipal ordinance. If you receive a ticket, you are required to take certain action.

What you should do if you receive a Traffic or Criminal ticket?

If you are pleading guilty or no contest, you have the following options:

Pay By Mail Enclose a copy of your ticket, write the ticket number on your check or money order – or write your credit card information in the space provided on the back of the ticket – and mail it to:

Oklahoma City Municipal Court
P.O. Box 26487
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0487

Pay By Phone Use your Visa, MasterCard or Discover to pay over the telephone.

Or click here to pay over the web.

Contact Us Call 405 297-2361 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Mon. through Fri.

Pay In Person You can pay in person between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., seven days a week at the Municipal Court Building, 700 Couch Drive.  

Driver Improvement School

To keep insurance costs down and points off your driving record, consider attending Driver Improvement School. If your traffic ticket is not past due, and you have not attended driver school in the last 3 years, you could be eligible. Fees of $138 must be paid at the time of signup. The cost of the schools varies, but is usually between $24.95 and $50. Sign up at the Public Counter. You do not have to attend court.

Proof of Insurance Tickets

If your insurance was in effect at the time you received your ticket, simply show proof at our Public Counter within 48 hours of receipt of the ticket and the ticket will be dismissed without costs. If proof is shown after 48 hours, but on or before the arraignment date, the ticket will be dismissed with costs. If you obtained insurance after you received your ticket, you will be responsible for paying a reduced fine.

Reducible Charges

If you've received a ticket for illegal tag display or an equipment violation, and pay it on or before the arraignment date, you may be allowed to pay a reduced amount. Simply pay the fine in person or through the mail and show proof the equipment or tag is now in compliance.

Posting Bond

If you are pleading not guilty and wish to set a trial date to appear before a judge to discuss your case, you must post bond on or before your arraignment date. Cost to post bond includes the amount of the fine plus a $35 bond posting fee. Please retain your bond posting receipt to bring with you to trial.


If you have posted bond you will be given a trial date. At the time of the trial you will be given an opportunity to present testimony and any evidence to aid you in your defense to the complaint on file.

Arraignment Date

The due date to take action on your ticket is the arraignment date. This date is written at the bottom of the ticket above your signature. If you choose to plead guilty or no contest to a judge, you must appear at the time specified on your ticket, Monday through Friday, on or before the original arraignment date. You must check in 30 minutes prior to the time listed on the ticket, at the Public Counter window #10, to be directed to the proper courtroom.

Requesting a Continuance

You may request a continuance on your traffic or non-jury case, in person, at the public counter. A $15 fee per case will be assessed for each continuance granted. Continuances are not granted outside the courtroom on Jury Division cases.

Failure To Appear

If you fail to appear by the arraignment date on your ticket a bench warrant will be issued for your arrest and your fine will increase to the maximum. An additional charge of "Failure of Appear" will be filed against you and other fees may be added to your case.

If you are to appear in a Juvenile Court matter, or for a Jury Division Court matter, you must be there in person. You cannot settle the case by paying a fine.

In the case of vicious animal citations, court is scheduled to determine whether the animal should be euthanized.


If you are scheduled for a trial and require an interpreter including American Sign Language, please notify us at least 72 hours before your trial date. There is no charge for interpreters for the hearing impaired. You will be charged for the cost of other interpreters. Call 405 297-3898 for more information. The courtrooms are equipped with hearing assistance systems. If you need this service, please request a receiver when checking in for court at the public counter.

Dept. of Public Safety

For information regarding the status of your Driver's License contact the Department of Public Safety at 405 425-2059.

Telephone Information

Telephone staff is available during the work day to answer questions about your ticket.
Call 405 297-2361, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday through Friday
TDD 405 297-1710.


Hourly parking is available in a lot across the street from the Municipal Court Building.