Oklahoma River and River Trails rules
City of Oklahoma City
Here is a brief summary of rules governing the Oklahoma River and Oklahoma River Trails.
Call 405 297-3903 for a complete list of ordinances.
- Parking allowed in designated areas only.
- No camping allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Pets must be leashed.
- Boats must have both a state registration and a city permit.
- Oklahoma River is a no-wake zone.
- No boats allowed in the wetland ponds.
- Water skiing, parasailing, paraskiing, swimming, sail boarding and windsurfing are prohibited.
- A state fishing license and city fishing permit are required.
- No fishing within 100 feet of the river’s dams or locks.
- Noodling not allowed.
- Consult city and state fishing regulations for more information.
- Motorized vehicles including go-carts, motorcycles, scooters and four-wheelers are prohibited. Motorized disability mobility aids are allowed.